OPTEER – Regional observatory for energy climate and air [FR]
The OPTEER observatory is a knowledge tool dedicated to energy flows in the Franche-Comté region.
The observatory monitors:
- Primary energy consumption and energy production (from both renewable and nonrenewable sources).
- Energetic and non-energetic GHG emissions (all Kyoto Protocol gases)
- Air quality
- It monitors local initiatives to assess their expected impact on GHG emissions and air quality. Impacts of climate change are not in the observatory’s scope
- Data is managed for the whole region, at municipal level, and include the following domains: Social & economic data
- Data on mobility (commuting, leisure, etc.)
- Detailed data on housing and buildings
- It comes from databases, enquiries or is computed using models…
More info on the file attached.
The method used has been developed through an interregional and cross-border cooperation (Interreg II & III).
It mixes computing algorithms used at national and regional levels both in France and Germany. Method and reporting formats are compliant with the ones used at CITEPA1, and with international standards including AEE and COPERT. IPCC guidelines are taken into account.
A comprehensive software tool has been developed. The observatory publishes dynamic pages on its website available for each territorial unit of the region and including several indicators for each of the themes covered (i.e. air quality, energy, climate). An expert mode is accessible to partners, which gives access to more in-depth analyses.
Connections on the website are monitored and analysed but no global indicator has been defined yet to assess the achievement of OPTEER’s objectives.
OPTEER also contributes to the establishment of numerous Territorial Energy & Climate strategy and action plans (PCET) in the region, and the Regional Climate, Air and Energy Scheme (SRCAE).
The observatory should soon engage in a quality certification process. The main strength of the tool developed is its ability to integrate several regional environmental issues, enhancing consistence among regional and local policies and measures regarding energy and the environment.