Climate Alliance EcoRegion software tool, EU
The tool is intended to provide municipalities and regions with a basis to establish their CO2 profile and assess their local and regional climate strategies. It is based on software called ECORegionsmart specifically developed by the Swiss company Ecospeed for computing local CO2 and energy balances.
It can be ordered online and used immediately as an internet service. After a small amount of data has been entered, ECORegion calculates a first initial balance, using default values from a database built on national statistical data with some computing added. The computations use factors like fleet average consumption, emission factors, etc.
– 850 local and German regional authorities are using ECORegion tool.
– Promotion and use of ECORegion by North Rhine-Westphalia and Hesse Regions
– Promotion and use in the provinces of Rome, Ancona and the Region of Emilia Romagna.
– ECOREgion for Luxemburg and the Ukraine available
– Recognition of ECORegion by the European Commission as adequate tool for the Covenant of Mayors Seaps.
– Ecospeed & Climate Alliance are planning to offer ECORegion tool to other European countries…
More info on the file attached.
Do not miss other news from Energee Watch
Dynamic introductory presentation by Data4Action
Click on the image to access the presentation
Energy Saving Tool
The Ministry of Energy, Commerce and Industry, in collaboration with the Cyprus Energy Agency (CEA) and the Austrian Environmental Bureau, is pleased to present the Energy Savings Tool – an online tool that helps people make energy-efficient and economical choices – at home.
2. Observatories’ Legal Structure
Integrated within existing structure Separate one → back ←