Data4Action & ENERGee-Watch Webinar
Webinar – Future Development of Climate, Energy & GhG Observatories – 5th of October 2016, from 10:00-12:00 (Brussels time)
The Covenant of Mayors in collaboration with Data4Action will host a webinar which provides a unique opportunity to listen to, and partake, in a discussion in relation to one of the Covenant of Mayors latest developments in Climate and Energy. The experience of several regional Greenhouse Gas (GhG) observatories, as well as the potential to apply this experience at local level will be discussed. This will be followed by a brainstorm on the orientation and future development of an Energy and GhG Observatories, for all to partake. In addition, climate change adaption measures such as indicators, baseline emission inventories and the development of Sustainable Energy Climate Action plans (SECAP) will also be discussed.
- Introduction, by Kjell Skogsberg – Energikontor Norr
- Presentation of the new Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy, by Ciarán O’Sullivan, from the CoM Office
- Presentation of Climate vulnerability analysis at the territorial level, Anne Luminet Rhônalpénergie-Environnement & ORECC
- Presentation of the Energy, GHG and climate Observatory of the Hauts-de-France, Julien Dumont – CERDD
- Open discussion on:
– The integration of new thematic (such as land planning, ..) could be taken in account in the Energy and GHG Observatories
– The need to develop a Climate “branch” within the Energy and Climate Strategy
Organiser: Covenant of Mayors Office & Data4Action Project
- You can register to the webinar by clicking on the following link : Link to Registration
- Link to the Webinar
Do not miss other news from Energee Watch
ORECA annual brochure 2015
. . ORECA Provence-Alpes-Cote d’Azur – the Regional Observatory for Energy, Climate and Air – is pleased to present its latest publication: 2015 annual brochure. As it does each year, ORECA has established the region’s energy balance through a set of indicators showing the evolution of the various sectors in the territory. You can freely […]
PORTUGAL – Local Energy Data Collection for Greenhouse Gas Inventories
3 November 2015 Webinar recording PDF presentation Speakers: João Encarnação – ENERGAIA (Agência de Energia do Sul da Área Metropolitana do Porto), Hugo Tente – CENSE (Center for Environmental and Sustainability Research) Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, João Cleto – AGENEAL, moderated by ICLEI & AGENEAL.
Science for Environment Policy – News Alert!
The weekly News Alert forms the cornerstone of the Science for Environment Policy service.
Subscribers receive a regular news bulletin by email, free of charge, which summarises scientific studies in easy-to-read language with policy implications clearly highlighted. The studies are carefully selected for quality and European policy relevance.
Full details of the research paper that each article is based on are provided, along with contact details for the lead author of the original study, should subscribers wish to find out more.