Data4Action & ENERGee-Watch Webinar
Webinar – Future Development of Climate, Energy & GhG Observatories – 5th of October 2016, from 10:00-12:00 (Brussels time)
The Covenant of Mayors in collaboration with Data4Action will host a webinar which provides a unique opportunity to listen to, and partake, in a discussion in relation to one of the Covenant of Mayors latest developments in Climate and Energy. The experience of several regional Greenhouse Gas (GhG) observatories, as well as the potential to apply this experience at local level will be discussed. This will be followed by a brainstorm on the orientation and future development of an Energy and GhG Observatories, for all to partake. In addition, climate change adaption measures such as indicators, baseline emission inventories and the development of Sustainable Energy Climate Action plans (SECAP) will also be discussed.
- Introduction, by Kjell Skogsberg – Energikontor Norr
- Presentation of the new Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy, by Ciarán O’Sullivan, from the CoM Office
- Presentation of Climate vulnerability analysis at the territorial level, Anne Luminet Rhônalpénergie-Environnement & ORECC
- Presentation of the Energy, GHG and climate Observatory of the Hauts-de-France, Julien Dumont – CERDD
- Open discussion on:
– The integration of new thematic (such as land planning, ..) could be taken in account in the Energy and GHG Observatories
– The need to develop a Climate “branch” within the Energy and Climate Strategy
Organiser: Covenant of Mayors Office & Data4Action Project
- You can register to the webinar by clicking on the following link : Link to Registration
- Link to the Webinar
Do not miss other news from Energee Watch
OVERVIEW OF STEPS to Create Your Observatory
1. Observatories’ Governance Structure Description of typical Steering Committee, Technical Committee Typical existing agreements Estimates of staff number/skills needed (in-house/external consultants) and budget required Key funding sources 2. Observatories’ Legal Structure Integrated within existing structure or separate one 3. Partnership Management with Energy Data Providers List of types of Energy Data Providers List […]
Consultation of Local & Regional Authorities: European Earth Observation topics of interest?
NEREUS, the network of European Regions Using Space Technologies, jointly with the European Space Agency, would like to better identify the needs of local and regional authorities (LRAs) when using Copernicus (formerly GMES): the European Earth Observation Programme. While delivering satellite-based services and information on the state of our environment and security purposes, it contributes […]
Local governments are key drivers of the future European Energy Union
As both energy producers and consumers, local and regional authorities are crucial to help creating a European Energy Union that is resilient and competitive. Their full involvement is essential for the success of this project, something which should be reflected through their participation in the energy regulatory authorities at national and European levels.
European Parliament resolution on COP 20 Lima
EP Press Release 05-11-2014 EP Committee : Environment, Public Health and Food Safety Talks to be held in Lima next month should enable global partners to reach an ambitious climate agreement in Paris in 2015, so as to keep the world on track for a sub-2°C climate warming scenario, Parliament said in a resolution voted on […]