Data4Action & ENERGee-Watch Webinar
Webinar – Future Development of Climate, Energy & GhG Observatories – 5th of October 2016, from 10:00-12:00 (Brussels time)
The Covenant of Mayors in collaboration with Data4Action will host a webinar which provides a unique opportunity to listen to, and partake, in a discussion in relation to one of the Covenant of Mayors latest developments in Climate and Energy. The experience of several regional Greenhouse Gas (GhG) observatories, as well as the potential to apply this experience at local level will be discussed. This will be followed by a brainstorm on the orientation and future development of an Energy and GhG Observatories, for all to partake. In addition, climate change adaption measures such as indicators, baseline emission inventories and the development of Sustainable Energy Climate Action plans (SECAP) will also be discussed.
- Introduction, by Kjell Skogsberg – Energikontor Norr
- Presentation of the new Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy, by Ciarán O’Sullivan, from the CoM Office
- Presentation of Climate vulnerability analysis at the territorial level, Anne Luminet Rhônalpénergie-Environnement & ORECC
- Presentation of the Energy, GHG and climate Observatory of the Hauts-de-France, Julien Dumont – CERDD
- Open discussion on:
– The integration of new thematic (such as land planning, ..) could be taken in account in the Energy and GHG Observatories
– The need to develop a Climate “branch” within the Energy and Climate Strategy
Organiser: Covenant of Mayors Office & Data4Action Project
- You can register to the webinar by clicking on the following link : Link to Registration
- Link to the Webinar
Do not miss other news from Energee Watch
Ελλάδα – Συλλογή Τοπικών Ενεργειακών Δεδομένων για τις Απογραφές Εκπομπών Αερίων του Θερμοκηπίου
29 September 2015 . Webinar recording PowerPoint file . Speakers: Evi Tzanakaki – Centre for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving (CRES) Konstantinos Laskos – Technical Chamber of Greece Andriana Stavrakaki – EPTA Environmental Engineers Vicky Amenta – Municipality of Likovrisi-Pefki . . .
CoM workshop 16 June, Brussels – Local Energy Data Collection for GHG Inventories
This training workshop will inform participants about energy data collection practices in Europe and will provide practical advice and discussion on energy data gathering and processing for the purposes of establishing a Baseline / Monitoring Emission Inventory (BEI/MEI) as part of a Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP). The workshop will notably draw on the outcomes […]
Meshartility – Recommendations out of the 2nd EU Roundtable
Access to energy consumption data is vital to establish sound baseline emission inventories and identify areas with the greatest potential for reducing energy savings, enabling effective energy planning. The MESHARTILITY project is working to advance energy data access.
Jokkmokk Winter Conference Feb. 2014 on its way – register now
Jokkmokk Winter Conference on climate change, energy and sustainable development is an annual international forum for students, decision makers, entrepreneurs and opinion builders from Northern Europe, North America and Russia. The conference offers a natural meeting point for those working with climate change and an opportunity for developing new strategies and initiatives for the North. […]