Official launch of the ENERGee Watch projet
Energee watch has now received funding under the H2020 programme to launch a peer to peer learning program to enable regional and local authorities to timely and accurately define, monitor and verify their sustainable actions.
Its objectives are:
- To develop and execute a complete and easily replicable peer-to-peer learning program
- To build capacity of regional authorities in monitoring and verification practices for adaptation and mitigation actions through peer-to-peer learning activities
- To help public authorities and their agencies use the rich experience available
- To link regional authorities and their respective associations along with energy policymakers, associations of planners, technical experts, monitoring, verification, reporting (MRV) experts, and local actors in an intra-European network through an innovative peer-to-peer learning experience about local and regional MRV practices for both adaptation and mitigation policies
The peer learning programme will start in 2021 and will address four topics
- Energy and Climate Data collection
- Monitoring, Reporting, Verification
- Indicators and planning for climate adaptation
- Data display, dissemination and validation by end-users
Building on the IEE Data4action project and on the Energee Watch network of observatories, the project will run from September 2020 to August 2023
Stay tuned !
Do not miss other news from Energee Watch
European Commission clarifies ozone ban on intermodal transport containers
source: http://ec.europa.eu/clima/news/articles/news_2013082201_en.htm The European Commission adopted a formal Opinion in the Official Journal of the EU (22nd August 2013) to clarify when the EU’s ban on ozone-depleting substances applies to intermodal containers used in international transport. Indeed, international trade conventions require that the free movement of containers is not restricted, however, the EU’s 2009 Ozone […]
New interactive maps show Thermal resources available in regions
The EU-funded STRATEGO project recently published the Pan-European Thermal Atlas (PETA), an interactive map that shows data on the thermal resources available in any region as well as EU-wide thermal demand. PETA maps heat and cooling demand, the local density of both demands, available waste heat resources and the potential for renewable energy sources. Using […]
Joint Exchange: Metropolitan City of Torino With Province of Treviso
The Metropolitan City of Torino and the Province of Treviso shared their experience in developing solutions for energy management of public buildings reaching economic and energy savings.
Jokkmokk Winter Conference Feb. 2014 on its way – register now
Jokkmokk Winter Conference on climate change, energy and sustainable development is an annual international forum for students, decision makers, entrepreneurs and opinion builders from Northern Europe, North America and Russia. The conference offers a natural meeting point for those working with climate change and an opportunity for developing new strategies and initiatives for the North. […]