The Région Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur commissioned the Research Institute Negawatt to analyze the needed steps towards a successful energy transition in the Region Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur by 2050.
The term “energy transition” refers to the transition from an energy system mainly based on fossil materials to a system almost entirely based on renewable energy.
The study focuses on the potential reduction of energy consumption and on the potential increase of energy production from renewable sources in France. The goal is to obtain, by 2050, the 90% of energy consumption from renewable sources and a definitive estrangement from nuclear energy by 2032.
The study is structured as follows:
– Analysis of the main energy scenarios to identify patterns and differences (Part I)
– Development of an ambitious energy scenario (Part II and Part III)
– Focus on current issues: changes in the soil usage (Part IV), implications for the Region after phasing out nuclear energy (Part V)
– Analysis of the main factors that may hinder the implementation of the scenario (Part VI)
– Identifications of key actions for starting the energy transition (Part VII).
Please download the entire report below (all documents are in French)
120719 Partie 0 Synthèse – rapport PACA final
120719 Partie 1 scénarios ambitieux – rapport PACA final
120719 Partie 2 hypothèses – rapport PACA final
120719 Partie 3 résultats – rapport PACA final
120719 Partie 4 Usages des terres – rapport PACA final
120719 Partie 5 sortie nucléaire – rapport PACA final
120719 Partie 6 facteurs de ruptures – rapport PACA final
120719 Partie 7 plans d’action – rapport PACA final